Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vegas trip with friends!

In a nutshell, Vegas was great! I did get a chance to play poker and did really well. I'm gonna write a separate post on it soon!

Not poker-related, but equally exciting things happened though...

Delicious dinner at Nora's, an Italian restaurant in a strip mall on Flamingo Rd. Our party was so big they had to make a makeshift long table by putting a thin board bridging two tables and hiding it under a table cloth. There was a big surprise when we tried to move the tables a few inches to the right. Thankfully, some people caught it before the plates hit the floor.

The bread had the right amount of crisp and crunch all around with garlic and butter spread on top. I had the Pasta Carbonara because I was craving carbs, cream and grease to soak up the eventual alcohol consumption later. Thinking about it now makes me want it again. My friend and I were feeling sorry for the boyfriends who couldn't make it. Not really, haha!

Cuh-razy mouthy New York style cab driver took us to the Bellagio where we met up with the boys and had a great time at The Bank to celebrate a few birthdays! It was just a handful of us that wanted to spring for the table service though. All around a good night of drinking, dancing, rejecting creepy guys (muhaha!) and falling on my ass trying to compete with a much more sober guy in "getting low."

The Blue Man Group show. Fantastic! Go see it if you haven't.

Downtown Las Vegas, Fremont St.

The old school lights that they have on Four Queens and Binion's have such a great feel to them. We played craps and didn't do so well. I specifically said to my boyfriend "How are you supposed to make money at this game? I'd rather go play poker." At least in poker you have more control. Craps is all variance! I can't handle that.

We finished off with the lunch buffet at the Cosmopolitan which I love. One day I will be able to afford to stay at that gorgeous place. One day...

White Chocolate x Oreo x Strawberry
We meet again! Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment