Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cooped up in the house

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm still here. I haven't played any live or online (except for a bout of play money Rush. I'm up to 20k chips now) Hopefully I can get a live session in before Vegas.

The trip is less than a week away! I wasn't planning on playing poker at all while I was there since I'd probably be hanging out with the girls. But now that my "sister" is coming, I'm definitely not gonna have the chance to play. She's never done Vegas right before so I've taken it up as my responsibility to show her a good time. We might take in a Cirque show (I'm thinking Mystere, but I've already seen it. Or Love, but it's more expensive) and we're definitely taking a nice stroll along the Strip. Booze, dancing and fun meals are given. I'm thinking that place in Paris across the Bellagio fountains would be a nice spot.

As for my day to day, I've just been reading Professional NLHE by Miller lately. I've been skipping around a lot, but now I'm determined to get through at least the SPR section and actually comprehend it. To be honest, I still don't get it, much less how to apply it. Hopefully it'll show itself by the end of the section.

And I've been reading The Devil Wears Prada that I picked up at the used bookstore. I'm getting to a point where I can't stand it though. The main character, who we're supposed to feel some empathy for, just comes off as an apathetic whiny girl to me. The movie portrayal was much more likable.

I did get two interviews last week though! One was a so-so job that I'd probably take if I had to and the other was a please let me work here! job. Hopefully the latter calls me back next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment